You’ve been thinking about it, looked up different sites that offer info on the procedure, talked to friends who’ve had the procedure done, and you’re finally ready to get your eyebrows, lips and/or eyelashes done by a PMU artist. All the things I mentioned are the usual steps one takes in order to finally take the plunge. Before you do, look at what you should do before your procedure.
Do not have a procedure right before going on vacation:
1) You will need healing time, so your face doesn’t look puffy.
2) You will need to not be exposed to the elements in order to heal properly.
3) You can quickly call or visit your PMU artist in case you need to do so.
Wear comfortable clothes that you don’t mind getting a little dirty. When the procedure is being performed there might be some splatter that might get on your clothes.
If you're taking any type of medication, you should check with your doctor, especially if you’re on heart medications or blood thinners. Some medications can increase swelling and bleeding. Never discontinue a medication your doctor has recommended without consulting with them first.
* Do not wear contact lens during the procedure.
* Bring sunglasses to wear home, as your eyes may become light-sensitive.
* Do not dye or perm lashes 2 days prior to the procedure.
* Do not use eyelash curler the day of the procedure.
* Do not use lash growth serum for two weeks before or after your procedure.
* If you have had any type of eye surgery, consult with the physician about how long you should wait before having a permanent eyeliner procedure.
* Do not tweeze, wax, or dye brows for 2 days prior to the procedure.
* Electrolysis should not be done for a week prior to the procedure.
* If you are prone to getting cold sores, you will need an antiviral prescription.
* If you have had any type of lip surgery, consult with the physician about how long you should wait before having a permanent makeup procedure on the lips. If the lip surgery involves an incision, the incision needs to mature about 6 months before tattooing on top of it.
* Frequent or recent sinus infection puts lips at risk of infection. Recent antibiotic therapy can be responsible for a high candida count. Steroid medications and antacid drugs can allow candida to overpopulate. Smokers tend to have a high count also.