If you’re in the PMU business, you know that being ‘the best’ is not always enough. You also need to have the latest items and techniques in the market to offer your clients. The following are the top 5 things every PMU artist should have in their arsenal.
1. Pigments – Without these, your career as a PMU artist is going nowhere fast. Before anything else, you need to have the terminology down. If you want to get the best results, you need to go with Perma Blend. They offer high-quality colors, are certified under the EU, and they’re vegan, so you can easily use these on anyone.
2. Blades – These are just as important, if not more, because without them a PMU artist can’t do much. As with all tools that matter, microblading blades must be of high quality. There is a long list of blades and their corresponding numbers but depending on the type of procedure you’re going to perform; the number will change.
3. Machines – Without one of these, no PMU artist can perform any of their techniques. It’s an obvious one, but this list is for the newbies, so hang in there while we go through these, or check out any of our other blog entries. There are different types of machines a permanent makeup artist can use, but the most common is the rotary machine. Darklab has a few for you to choose from, so check ‘em out.
4. Foot Switch – you can’t operate a machine without it. Just as PMU or SMP machines, there are a few you can choose from, so head on over to darklab.com and pick your favorite.
5. Talent – While this is the last one on the list, it’s the most important. None of the items above will do anything if you don’t know what to do with them or use them poorly. If you’re looking to get into the PMU business, you need to start by taking lessons from a seasoned artist. They can instruct you on how to get the best results and how to start your own business.
You should always make sure that your tools are up to par with industry standards. This will not only help you to provide the best results for your customers, but also give you peace of mind since top quality machines usually last longer.